Applications are invited for Electrical Engineer, Civil Engineer, Mechanical Engineer and Sanitary Inspector Posts in Chennai Corporation
Advertisement date 13.12.2015
Last date 31.12.2015
Examination Date 23.01.2016 time 10 am to 12.00 noon
Examination Venue : Chennai
- Asst Engineer (Mech) - 7 Posts [Job Code AEML ; Job Code No 1111]
- Asst Engineer (Civil) - 31 Posts [Job Code AECL ; Job Code No 1112]
- Asst Engineer (Elect) - 23 Posts [Job Code AEEL ; Job Code No 1113]
- Sanitary Inspector (Health Inspector) - 71 Posts [Job Code SIHD ; Job Code No 1121]
Detailed Vacancy Notification :
- Assistant Engineer (Mechanical Engineering)[Job Code AEML ; Job Code No 1111] - 7 Posts (3 UR ; 1 SC ; 1 BC ; 2 MBC) - Basic Pay 9300 Grade Pay 5100 in Pay Band II category - BE / BTech Mechanical Engineering / Automobile Engineering / Mechatronics Engineering or AMIE qualified certification - Age 30 years
- Assistant Engineer (Civil Engineering)[Job Code AECL ; Job Code No 1112] - 31 Posts (9 UR ; 1 SCA ; 6 SC ; 7 BC ; 2 BCM; 6 MBC) - Basic Pay 9300 Grade Pay 5100 in Pay Band II category - BE / BTech Civil Engineering / Structural Engineering or AMIE qualified certification - Age 30 years
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical Engineering)[Job Code AEEL ; Job Code No 1113] - 23 Posts - Basic Pay 9300 Grade Pay 5100 in Pay Band II category - BE / BTech Civil Engineering / Structural Engineering or AMIE qualified certification - Age 30 years
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering - 14 Posts
- Electronics and Communication Engineering - 5 Posts
- Instrumentation Engineering - 2 Posts
- Computer Science and Engineering / Information Technology - 2 Posts
- Sanitary Inspector [Job Code SIHD ; Job Code No 1121] - 71 Posts (22 UR ; 3 SCA ; 10 SC ; 1 ST ; 17 BC ; 5 BCM ; 13 MBC) - Basic Pay 9300 Grade Pay 5100 in Pay Band II category - BSc Chemistry and Post Graduate Diploma in Sanitary Inspector ; Certificate course in Computer Applications - Age 30 years
Age Limit :
Minimum age is 18 years
30 years for UR candidates.
NO AGE LIMIT is applicable for BC / BCM / MBC / DC / SC / SCA / ST and Destitute Widow of all communities including UR category.
General Instructions :
PSTM is applicable.
Physically Challenged Persons Quota applicable for Orthopaedically Handicapped (one arm / one leg) and Hearing Impaired candidates.
Exam Fee Rs.500 by demand draft in favour of "The Commissioner, Corporation of Chennai" payable at Chennai.
There is no exam fee for SC / SCA / ST / PwD / Destitute Widow.
Interested and eligible candidates may forward their application form along with all necessary documents to The Commissioner, Corporation of Chennai, Amma Maligai, (Ripon Building campus) No.16, E.V.R.Salai, Chennai 600 003, on or before 31st December 2015.
Application envelope must be superscribed as "Post applied for ........"
Help Line Telephone Number 1913
Examination details :
Written exam marks 100
Interview marks 10
Total 110 marks.
Questions will be in Multiple Choice Pattern (MCQ) and time duration 2 hours.
Negative Marking system applicable. 1/3 marks will be awarded for each wrong answers.
Part I Questions 60 marks for core subject area
Part II Questions 20 marks for engineering mathematics subject
Part III Questions 20 marks for basic engineering science subject
For sanitary inspector post all questions 100 marks from concerned subject area.
Hall ticket should be downloaded from CoC website before examination.
Application Form http://www.chennaicorporation.gov.in/corp_rect/application.pdfHall Ticket http://www.chennaicorporation.gov.in/corp_rect/hallticket.pdf
Corrigendum issued on 17.12.2015